You have decided to quit smoking? This is the road in the right direction! Below you will find some useful tips on how to achieve your goal.
Get rid of this bad habit for good – that is what smoking people are interested in. Long-term goals are transformed into short-term results, and smokers return to this situation again and again. Why do millions of people continue to smoke? The obvious answer would be that all smokers are addicted to nicotine, as well as people are experiencing psychological comfort while smoking in stressful situations.
At the disposal of those who decided to quit smoking there are many tools, programs and systems, but they will be effective only on the condition that a person has already made the decision to give up this bad habit.
Try to consult your doctor. But if you’ve decided to quit smoking now, these 10 tips will be a good way to get rid of this habit.
10 tips to quit smoking for good
- Start doing exercises, get up and go to the gym! Changing your routine life will help you to forget a bit about problems that have surrounded you before. Try to start running or go for long walks.
- Try deep breathing techniques, many consider them to be the most effective. Every time you feel the need to smoke, you need to repeat this exercise three times: inhale as much air as you can, then exhale very slowly. The most important thing at this point is to clearly see the picture of how your body gets rid of stress. Repeat this exercise three times.
- Consider the option of support groups. Smoking is an addiction, and like any form of addiction, it won’t let you quit so easily. You will need to attend one meeting after another with a support group and experts. There you will have to meet people that have the same problem as you.
- Drink plenty of water and get rid of nicotine in your body. Washing out the toxins from your body will help you to fight the desire to smoke and therefore to quit smoking.
- Try to stay away from smoking buddies, and don’t stand near someone who smokes. You want to quit smoking for good, and being in company of smokers will make you smoke again. Pay attention to this basic rule.
- Take a sheet of paper, divide it into two parts, and write the pros of quitting smoking. Sit for a while and decide what you feel. Put down what you have achieved already.
- Smokers typically smoke several times a day at a certain time. They have a sort of a schedule of smoking. You can replace smoking with a chewing gum or a candy.
- Sleep. When you stop smoking, sleep may be unstable, you won’t be able to sleep good at night. Try to sleep 8 hours every night. Don’t eat 4-5 hours before bedtime. In order to feel good, you can sometimes sleep during the day.
- Review your eating habits. Don’t eat food containing saturated fats, processed foods and other harmful products. Eat a healthy food.
- Change your mindset. If you caught yourself thinking that you want to smoke, try to switch to something else and think, for example, about what you need to do tomorrow, play the situation in mind a few times, think thoroughly about it. It will help you to avoid the idea of smoking. You need to control yourself, it takes some time, but it’s not that hard. This is your brain, learn to control it!
And what are your ways to quit smoking? Share them in comments!